Why Tiny Houses are Popular in PA
As with many U.S. states, the Centennial State has recently been hit with tiny house fever and now, Coloradans of all ages are starting to look at tiny houses for sale in PA. With some of the most beautiful mountain scenery in the country, it’s no wonder why the state of Colorado makes such a perfect place to park a tiny home.
Just imagine yourself waking up in your tiny house and stepping out onto your porch to witness the majesty of a picturesque mountain backdrop. PA offers its citizens a place where they can find peace and serenity in the landscape. In a world that is constantly getting smaller due to technology, living in a tiny house in the state of Colorado can be a peaceful escape from some of the stresses of life.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
As with any type of lifestyle, there are going to be pros and cons to it. No matter how you look at it, when making the move towards a tiny house lifestyle, you are going to have to make a few sacrifices. Of course, most people who make the change to living in a tiny house believe the benefits outweigh the negatives.
- No More Mortgage, No More Big Bills – Many people who make the switch from traditional house living can live mortgage free. They are often able to finance their tiny house by acquiring a loan or smaller mortgage that they can pay back sooner. Another big bonus of looking at tiny houses for sale in PA is that they are often more energy efficient and heating and utilities bills are often much lower than when heating an entire large-size house.
- Save the Planet – One thing that draws people to the tiny house movement is that it provides them with a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. Many facets of tiny home living involve cutting down on the excess of material belongings. Whether it is cutting down on your energy consumption or reducing your overall impact on the planet, tiny house living offers a sustainable way to live life.
- Less Maintenance – Since they have such a small physical footprint, tiny homes usually don’t require as much maintenance as their larger counterparts. They have less square footage, therefore cleaning times are significantly reduced and with less wiring and plumbing, there is guaranteed to be less upkeep needed to keep things running smoothly.
- The Nomadic Life – There are many people who live in tiny homes that are attracted to the nomadic way of life. These people are often minimalists and like to travel, wholly experience the world in which they live. Living in a tiny house on wheels allows them to follow the road wherever life takes them. They are no longer tied down to a traditional house on a brick foundation and can take their house with them when they decide to travel.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in PA
The cost of all tiny houses for sale in PA are going to be different. Conditional to the house’s square footage and what building materials are used, most tiny houses in PA will cost between $20,000 and $150,000. If you build your tiny house yourself, you will have to make all the choices yourself and must furnish the house once it is built. On the other hand, when using a builder to construct your home, they will often offer to furnish the house for you.
The final cost for average tiny homes for sale in PA is estimated between $70,000 and $130,000. Beware of builders who quote low prices near $30,000. This price often only includes the exterior shell of the house and will not include your interior finishing or any furniture.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in PA?
Depending on what a person’s situation is, they must either purchase their home from its owner or have the house built from the ground up. Every individual’s situation is going to be different but making the transition into a tiny home is going to involved one of these two processes.
- Building – When building a tiny home, you either have the option to do the work yourself and call in contractors for work as required, or you can choose to enlist a builder to help walk you through the process. Whether you do it yourself or hire a builder, having your tiny home built from scratch is often the best choice since it allows you to build your tiny home the way you want it. Builders also have the knowledge and know-how to get the project done on time and leave you with a solid, long-lasting tiny house.
- Buying – Depending on a person’s individual situation, sometimes buying tiny homes for sale in PA might be the best option. The buyer will first have to acquire financing either through a bank or another type of financial institution and then the rest of the process would be the same as buying a traditional home. When buying a tiny house, make sure to know whether you are buying the lot as well, or if the sale price is just for the tiny house itself.
Why Hiring Builders is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in PA
When it comes to building your own tiny home, unless you are already a qualified tradesman or tradeswoman, it is usually recommended to hire the help of a building contractor to help your through the process. Working with a builder allows you to stay in control of the project, without the stress of organizing all the work. A builder will provide you with design plans and walk through every step of the build. This will ensure that you can keep an eye on how your tiny house is being put together and allow you make changes and customize the house to your liking.
What Can We Offer
Build Tiny House is now proud to announce the addition of Timber Frame tiny houses to their product line. When you choose to have your tiny house built through us, we can now offer you the choice to have your home built with real, 100% natural timber. This provides a durable and naturally fire resistant frame that is both non-toxic and sustainable. This is just one of the ways in which Build Tiny House offers our clients choices that are environmentally friendly.
When you become a tiny home owner, you instantly become part of a nationwide community of like-minded people. These days, everywhere in the country is seeing tiny house communities popping up. This tells us that there’s a huge market for people looking to make the sustainable change to greener living. This also means that it is becoming easier to meet other people who are just like you.
Whether you choose to have your tiny house placed in one of these communities or you place it on a small, private piece of land somewhere out of sight, we provide our clients the ability to make many of the important choices that affect their lives, choices which living in a traditional home would not normally allow.
Our customers are often mortgage and/or debt-free and can take their lives wherever they wish. Even for customers whose tiny houses are on permanent foundations, they can still afford to do things they want in life. Whether that be traveling around the country or just saving more money for the future, tiny home owners have the flexibility to welcome change and take back control of their own lives.
Many of us have always wanted the freedom to go where we want, however, we end up tied down with big mortgages that require us to spend so much of their working just to pay for it. Being mortgage-free allows our customer to spend more time doing the things they love and focusing on the present instead of worrying about the future.
Here at Build Tiny House, we are wholly committed to our clients needs and have made a commitment to getting them into their ideal tiny house in PA. We work with all our clients and guide them through the whole process of building their tiny home and we stand by what we build.
Our customers are fully involved throughout the planning, design and build of the structure. We know that building a house can be a stressful task and that’s why we want to make it as simple for our customers as possible.
We want our customers to be satisfied with their decision to adopt the tiny house lifestyle. Therefore, we offer home buyers access to a fully customizable tiny house experience. Build Tiny House will even furnish your tiny house for you.
We ensure that you get to choose which appliances and furniture will be put into your tiny home. This way, on move-in day, you will have nothing else to worry about other than making yourself feel at home.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in PA
In the state of PA, whether a tiny home is legal or not will depend entirely on local laws and zoning regulations. Because of certain zoning restrictions, the lot that you place your tiny house will make a difference in terms of legality. While, one lot may allow certain things, the lot right next to it might not. This could be due to the lot’s physical attributes or the zoning district in which the lot is in.
Every case is going to be different, so you are going to need to do a thorough site-specific research when you are planning to purchase a tiny home. Hiring the help of a tiny house builder could be helpful in this matter. Remember that your contractor should always follow local building codes or else they could face serious fines, not to mention put you in danger.
Remember that it is crucial to do your due diligence before buying any property. As mentioned, depending on many site-specific regulations, you may or may not be able to place a tiny home on the lot. Consulting with a licensed contractor can clear up some of your questions regarding local laws, but the responsibility falls to the home owner to know what is and is not aloud.